My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Thursday, June 3, 2010

One Week!

I can't believe my scope is only in a week. I feel like time has flown by.

I know most people would be nervous at this point, but I know I'm ready and I know this is the right thing for me. It's exiciting to think that my hip issues (the right hip at least) are soon going to be no more. I'm not expecting to be able to run a marathon, or play soccer, but I'm ready to be able to run around with my friends and not have to constantly be thinking about how something is going to effect my hips. I'm ready to not have to worry about going up and down steps, and most of all I'm ready to live painfree (or at least live with decreased pain) !

Blood...Check!
I donated my last unit of blood last night. (I did two all together) My hemoglobin droped about 1.5 which isn't terriable, but I have to make sure I load up on iron. I have to keep it above 12 (it was 13.3 before I gave blood this last time) inorder to be able to have surgery.

Cream of Wheat here I come!

P.S. Thank you for all the good wishes, it really means a lot to me.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me with your positive attitude and work ethic. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are an amazing young woman! Thank you for keeping us posted and know that we are sending you tons of hugs and prayers!
    <3 Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete