My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busy Day

Well today has been one of the most exciting days in a while.

This morning my mom and I went for a walk (well a wheel for me) around the neighborhood. It was perfect weather. We got to stop and talk to my old babysitter, down the street from us, which was nice.

By the time we got home I was having more pain so I took some medicine and laid down in my bed for a little nap. When I woke up we went to the lovely little farmers market in town, got some fresh local produce and some other tasty things.

That alone was a pretty big day for me, with my first outing and all. But, there’s more. My sister is coming home from Bolivia tonight. She’s been there the past month, so I’ve very excited to see her and it will make things more interesting around here.

So far today I’ve only taken one dose of pain medicine and I don’t think I’ll take anymore until I go to bed for the night. I plan on skipping the middle of the night doses as well, and then I’ll see how I feel in the morning. I’m hoping that I can drop it all by tomorrow; maybe just take one does before bed.

2 comments:

  1. hi madElineee! i miss you and want to come visit ya soooon! sound goooood? ok well i shall be texting you one of these days. glad things are going well. <3 linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear your geting out and doing. I'm curious about the other tasty things you got at the market, not just produce. Any plans to celebrate independence day? Take care GBM and BKM

    ReplyDelete