My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Soar Throat, No More

I’m happy to say that after a few frosty treatments my soar throat is much, much better.

My hip is still pretty soar, I’m still taking all my pain medicine. Going to the bathroom seems like it’s gotten a little easier, it might just be that we have a routine down now. I pretty much stay in my bed all day. Sitting in my wheelchair is too uncomfortable because it puts pressure on my hip and makes me bend right where my incision is. I sleep most of the day away, and the night for that matter, but that’s ok because I don’t have much that I could be doing.

My incision has started getting itchy again, so I started Benadryl just to be safe. I’m supposed to take my dressing off today or tomorrow. I haven’t seen my incision yet so I’m kind of interested to see how it looks. I have to keep my stitches in until the first week in July, so I’m not too sure if I’m supposed to keep my incision open for that long, the discharge instructions weren’t very clear. I think my mom is going to call my surgeon’s office tomorrow and see what they say.

Overall, I’m feeling pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing pretty well,considering. So glad to hear it. I look forward to your blog.

    Love Ama Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few more frosty treatments probably wouldn't hurt. ;-)

    Good to hear you are doing well. We all wish you a good recovery and prayers for healing and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that it's summer I am swimming at the town pool. My goal is to get in shape so if swimming is part of your therapy let me know. It is less calories exercising in the water than sipping frosty's. Take care. Gary and Barb

    ReplyDelete