My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Super Fine

We'll I'm happy to say I slept upstairs last night. I scooted up the steps because I'm too afraid to let my hip pop out, I'm sure that wouldn't be too pleasant. I slept in Alex's room because my bed is still downstairs and it made more sense to just leave it down here for my next surgery then to carry it up and down, well for my dad to carry it up and down. I started the night out with the CPM machine on, but it was bugging me and it keept slipping off the bed, I don't know how tall men use it because the bed is even too short for me. So anyways, I took it off and sleept on my side, that was lovely.

This morning I hopped down the stairs, that scooting business is just too slow.

My pain is not bad at all; it's better than what my hip pain was pre-op, so that's good.

I ate real food last night, and pretty much all of yesterday.

4 comments:

  1. Stairs, already! Unbelievable. You are one tough cookie. What an inspiration. Mrs. Croy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making progress!!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated. Enjoy today. GBM and BKM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Madeline: Glad to hear the good news. You courage makes our days brgihter. We thi8nk of you not just once a day, but all throughout each day. Just kidding, but even here in CT. now that you've had a shower, you do smell better. Love Ama Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog made my day, Madeline.

    Love Am Jo

    ReplyDelete