My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ramps

My ramps came today so I can freely go outside. It makes things so much easier. Right now I have one 2 foot and one 4 foot ramp. The 2 foot one is nice because it's shorter and doesn't take up as much room, but it makes the angle of elevation a lot steeper, so someone else has to ease me down the ramp. The 4 foot one is really just too long, but I like it because I can do it by myself. I think we're going to get the 4 foot one exchanged tomorrow for another 2 foot one. It makes it more manageable, and this way we can take them to the cottage when we go for vacation.

After the ramps came my mom and I went to Kohl's. It was really nice to get out of the house finally. I got dressed in clothes, as opposed to just nightgowns. Let me tell you, getting dressed makes you feel so much better.

Another big accomplishment, I skipped one of my pills. I'm hoping to be completely off my pain medicine by the end of this week. I think I'm going to try skipping the 2:30 AM pill too and see how that goes, maybe even the 6:30 AM. Then just take the 10:30 AM one and see how I do for the day. It would be nice if I could just do two tomorrow, morning and right before bed. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment