My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Scope


Scope went really well today, better than expected. My surgeon think my next surgery will be better than expexted as well.

I'm staying in the hospital untill tomorrow (Friday) late mornig, at least thats the plan so far. I have a catheter in, so I'm pretty much bedridden, which I'm fine with and it makes things easier and less painful. I've been pretty nauseous, so I haven't eatten much today.

I'll give everyone a more detailed report later when I'm more with it.

1 comment:

  1. Madeline, Glad to hear everything went well. We would like to have you over (or take you out) for dinner before your next surgery - let us know when a good time would be! Thinking of you!

    <3 Mrs. B

    PS - Let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete