My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Saturday, June 12, 2010

CPM Machine

This is the CPM machine I had in the hospital, I have one at home with me now. It bends my leg at my knee to prevent scar tissue from forming around my hip. I really like it, it makes my hip feel better. I even sleep better with it on becasue I can't move my hip around so much when it's on.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome Home! Sending you lots of hugs! You are one awesome young lady!
    <3 Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline,

    I am so thankful the surgery went well and you made it back home without any bumps! I need you to recover fast so you're kickin' and dancing at my birthday party. And I mean literally I want you kickin' and dancing! If not, I just hope that bedrest and recovery goes fantastically for you!
    See you soon,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that everything is going according to plan. It sounds as if you have charted this thing out well. I LIKE a woman who knows how to prepare for something like this. You are a brave chica. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers.
    Love, Mrs. Berrier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Madeline,
    I am so glad that you are doing well and that your headache is gone. I am rooting for you and I think your attitude is stupendous. You deserve an award!!! Prayers coming your way.
    Mrs. Croy

    ReplyDelete