My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Monday, May 24, 2010

Pre-op Appt

I just had my pre-op appt today and everything seems like it's all lined up.

We're working out an insurance issue. My insurance company denied coverage for the surgeries, but my surgeon isn't concerned. They are going to resubmit the claim and he's pretty sure they will end up covering it when they make a coding change on my paper work.

I'm getting ready to donate 2 pints of my own blood, which I'll use if I need to have a transfusion post-op. I have to do one this week and one next week, so I'm hoping they don't have any trouble getting me in quickly. I have to make sure I have time to resupply so that I'm not weak for my first surgery.

I feel ready now for surgery. It seems like this is the right thing to do now and I'm exicted to finally fix my hip problems. I have total confidence in Dr. Ellis and I'm sure he's going to take good care of my hips.

4 comments:

  1. You probably get a lot of this but I'm going to say it anyway...you are one brave chick. Would you like to borrow a couple of slaves...uh, cousins while recuperating? ;-)

    I'll put you on the prayer list at the church where I'm the interim. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten days and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl. Look out world Madeline's going to get back in action.

    Best wishes from Barb and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers will continue for you.

    ReplyDelete