My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Monday, July 12, 2010

Shower

Yesterday I was able to hobble upstairs and take a shower. I don't use the crutches or walker to go upstairs because I think it's too hard and I think it puts more stress on my other leg (hip and knee). To get upstairs I just hold onto the railing, hoist myself up, and hop.

It was very nice to take a normal shower since for the past month I haven't been able to. Washing your hair in the sink just isn't the same. I sit down in the shower, since I'm still not able to bear weight, but it's still worth it.

It's good to feel clean!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the news. How is therapy?

    Love, Gary and Barb, and this week Andrea and Olivia.

    ReplyDelete