My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Counting Down

I'm counting down the days until I can start walking again. Wednesday is my day and it can't come soon enough. Lately, I've been using my crutches as my main way of getting around except fo when I go on a longer outing, like going shopping or something like that.

I'm more than sick of not being independent and I'm ready to be able to go places without the wheelchair or crutches. Not only do I just not like crutches, I mean who really does, but it's defiantly taking a tole on my shoulders. My right shoulder is starting to bother me more and more from the stress of the crutches. I'm anxious to get to walking so I can give my shoulder a rest as I would really really like to avoid a dislocation, boy would that complicate things.

I do have to say that I like being able to crutch around because I've been able to go out with my friends and hang out. The past couple nights I've been able to hang out with my friends and stuff, which is very nice. They just send someone over to pick me up and I'm ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Want to have a crutch race? Uncle Gary is practicing. He strained or pulled the MCL in his good knee Fri. We'll see who is weight bearing by Friday this week. Take care. Best wishes.

    GBM and BKM

    ReplyDelete