My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Medicine Update

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to cut back on my medicine. The other night I skipped my 2:30 AM pills, which didn't turn out so well the next morning. I was in a lot of pain and wasn't able to get much sleep.

My pharmacists recommended extending the amount of time between doses before skipping one completely. Yesterday afternoon and all day today I've been able to spread out my medicine an extra hour (5 hours apart now). It seems to be working well. I'm still in some pain, but it's manageable and I'm still comfortable.

Unfortunately, I'm still not very mobile. Hopefully by the end of the week things will change and I'll be able to move around better. The new goal is to be able to go back to school next week.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in my prayers! Stay strong! PLEASE let me know if you need anything or any help!
    ~Mrs. Berns

    ReplyDelete