My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Monday, December 20, 2010

5 Days Post-op

When I woke up this morning my feet were hanging off the bed, and my hip was killing me. I'm not sure what or how I pushed myself all the way down my bed, but I know my hip didn't like it very much.

I laid in bed all morning, well really until about 4:00, with the CPM machine trying to get my hip to calm down. As long as I'm lying down and not moving too much, then my hip feels alright. After a while, I got up and sat in my wheelchair, put on some real clothes and was feeling more normal. I sat up for over an hour, then moved out onto the couch in the family room. When I got out of my chair my hip immediately hurt a lot more. I knew it was starting to hurt more when I was in my chair, but getting up made me notice it more.

I was able to cut down a couple times today on my pain medicine, but I think it's going to be a little while longer before I can cut down any more.

I have a PT consult tomorrow. My regular therapist is out of town, so I'm going to see someone else just for this initial consult so that when it's time for me to start PT this is already taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment