My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hip Appointment Update

I saw my hip surgeon yesterday, he is very impressed and happy with how my hips are doing. Honestly, I think we are all a little shocked at how well they are doing. They're like perfectly normal hips now, which I have to say is a lovely thing.

We talked about my knee and although he was bummed, he said that my hip can handle if I have to have surgery so soon. In the long run, that's good news for my knee and my hip as well.

I'm supposed to start back with PT (I haven't gone since I subluxed my knee) today, but the weather might be an issue with that. We got a huge ice storm over night and quite literally everything is closed. I'm hoping that things get better throughout the day so that I can get to PT, otherwise I'll hopefully get in another day this week.

1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to see your new gait. I"m so thankful for the successful surgeries.

    Much Love
    Ama Jo

    ReplyDelete