My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting Ready

I am pretty much ready to go for surgery. I have everything moved downstairs for surgery. My dad just moved my bed down this morning (I'll stay downstairs for 4-6 weeks). I finished getting all the little random things I needed. My bag is packed for Cleveland (that's where my surgery is going to be).

I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my day with my friends and having some fun before I leave (we're going up to Cleveland Sunday evening).

Right now the post-op plan is to go back to a hotel in Cleveland Monday night and stay there until Wednesday. My surgery is being done at an outpatient center so I can't be admitted, we'll see how that goes. If my pain can't be controlled and I'm having problems, then I'll be transported to main campus and admitted there. Hopefully I'll be comfortable enough to not need to be admitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment