My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Monday, August 2, 2010

Long Time No See

I've been on vacation at the cottage on Lake Erie this past week, so I unfortunately haven't been able to give an update.

Before I had surgery I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go to the cottage or even if I was going to be able to walk by then, which was going to put a damper on the trip. It ended up being much better than expected. I could do pretty much everything I wanted.


Going to the beach was no problem. I would take my crutches down to the beach and walk with them a little, just for added support. I think walking in the water ended up being really good for me. Not only did I have the resistance of the water, but the waves too.

My right hip continues to feel better and better. My right lower back, SI joint, has been bothering me more however, but I'll take what I can get. Overall I think I'm still in less pain than I was pre-op and for the past 4 years even with more back pain, so that's something I can't complain about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment