My Journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars. I was thinking, do those scars cover the whole of you, like the stars and the moons on your dress? I thought that would be pretty too, and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."

- Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Physical Therapy Update

I went to PT again today (I'm doing twice a week now). It seems like I'm starting to plateau and having trouble gain quad strength.

This week I've been noticing some clicking/popping when I'm walking, but I don't notice it when I'm doing non-weight bearing exercises. Since I only notice it when I'm walking, it's not something to be too concerned about.

Today I got an electrotherapy machine (stim unit) to use at home. The goal with this is to try to turn on my quad, and in the end, gain more strength. I have some exercise that I'm going to use it with, as well as normal quad sets, so we'll see if it helps me gain more strength.

I'm going to start pushing flexion more since my incision is almost completely closed up now. My incision troubles have defiantly set me back. Hopefully, with the stim unit and focusing on gaining my range of motion I'll start to see more progress again.

I'm going to Cleveland tomorrow for a check-up. I'll get new x-rays to make sure my knee (bone work especially) is healing as it should be. They'll also look at my incision and make sure it's continuing to make progress and closing up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment